difficulty with dbca on redhat

From: zak_071 <zak_071_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2003 06:29:40 -0800

Hello,
[Quoted] I am running Oracle 9i on Redhat 9. I am trying to use the configuration tool, dbca. When I select "configure database options in a database" dbca gives the error, "ora-07446 sdnfy bad value $ORACLE_BASE/admin/db_name/bdump for parameter background_dump_dest". The directory exists.
I am running dbca as the oracle user.
oracle user has write permissions in said directory. What am I missing?

Also, dbca should be able to connect to the database while it is running. However if an Oracle instance is running, dbca requests that I shutdown so that dbca may start it's own instance.

Any answers/hints would be appreciated.
Zak Received on Fri Nov 21 2003 - 15:29:40 CET

Original text of this message