Re: import full vs. import all users

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 02:48:59 GMT

Rick Denoire wrote:

> Supposing all tablespaces a dump would create if imported full were
> precreated, what difference remains if comparing a full dump import
> with a user-wise import of all regular users?
>
> One difference concerns importing the SYSTEM schema. Can I afford not
> to import the SYSTEM schema when, for example, a DB is being
> transferred accross platforms? Is there any reason to take over this
> schema as well as other like CTXSYS, OUTLN, ONAMES (i.e., not
> "regular" users)?
>
> If I don't import SYSTEM, should I (re)run any script in the rdbms
> directory for the target DB?
>
> Thanks
> Rick Denoire

Remember that import can select the appropriate parts of an export. Consider doing export full, import pieces as required. The builtin utility schemas do not need to get imported, but they are there if you want a complete 'recovery' to the point of export. Received on Wed Nov 19 2003 - 03:48:59 CET

Original text of this message