Re: Oracle Report Builder vs MS Excel

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:36:56 -0800

[Quoted] Stefan Leugers wrote:

> The easiest way to make Excel-Output is to generate a text file with comma
[Quoted] > separated values with textio-Package. The more diffcult way with more
[Quoted] > possibilities ist to use the OLE2-Package.
> Greetings,
> Stefan
>
> Juchny wrote:
>

>>I have a problem with importing Reports from oracle report builder into
>>excel. I've tried copy and paste in to excel of html report but it makes
>>cell's of the report biger then the rest of them. I've tried generating a
>>delimited txt file and importing it into excel but in only works for matrix
>>reports. Is there any easy way for end users to import others reports into
>>MS Excel and make them look "normal"?
>>
>>Thanks for any Help
>>
>>Juchny

Assuming Reports 6i. You won't be doing this in 9i. Unfortunately the OP didn't include version information. UTL_FILE would be a far more generic solution.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu