"ifsrv60" not found

From: pixelmeow <webmaster_at_pixelmeow.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:51:22 GMT

[Quoted] Hello again; (Oracle 8.1.5 Ent Ed, Windows 2000 Server)

In the effort of getting our Forms and Reports upgraded to version 6, I have also installed Oracle Developer Server version 6 and WebDB onto our test machine. This is software that came with the Oracle 8.1.5 software set that we have. I am following the instructions in the Oracle Developer Online Manuals, which is a little application that opens up the help docs that are on the hard drive in your browser (you probably know this, but I want to be sure I give you enough info). This document is walking me thru setting up the Application Server and deploying an application, which I am in the process of doing right [Quoted] now. The one problem I keep coming to is the file "ifsrv60.exe", [Quoted] which I am to run either to create a service like: "ifsrv60 -install <service_name> tcpip", or start a listener using the same executable with the port number (don't have that wording in front of me). Neither works because the file isn't found, and that file is not on this computer anywhere.

I must have installed this improperly, but I've done it twice over and still get the message. WebDB kept getting hung up in DOS windows while it was installing, a lot of lines would execute about rowcounts (?) and then it would stop. I closed one window to have another open and do the same thing with different numbers. It wouldn't do anything until I closed a window, and it kept doing this all through creation of all the schema objects. There were many errors because something did not exist, but it all went by too fast to see what it was.

I know that second paragraph is not very coherent, I just include that in case those errors have anything at all to do with "ifsrv60.exe" not being found, but I don't believe they do. If anyone has any idea of what I need to do, or what I need to read (and it's not 6i, it's just 6), I will be very grateful.

Thanks very much,

--
Teresa Redmond
Programmer/Analyst II