Re: FRM-41003

From: Mr E Guest <piano.tuner_at_virgin.net>
Date: 17 Nov 2003 01:18:15 -0800

piano.tuner_at_virgin.net (Mr E Guest) wrote in message news:<a5592607.0311140208.3c17637b_at_posting.google.com>...
> Forms, Shmorms...
>
> So, I've got a database block based on a table in Forms 6i. The
> Database properties appear to be fine. The user has access to the
> table. All the items are database data items and the block itself is
> a database data block.
>
> Why, then, do I get FRM-41003? (which suggests the block is a control
> block).
>
> Maybe it's the alcohol abuse...
>
> Shaun.

Eureka! Have Oracle taken away the functionality that meant that if no Query Data Source Name is specified, then the table name is assumed to be the same as the data block name? It would appear so. Explicitly entering the name in the block's properties solved the problem. I can recall that in days past this could be left blank.

To confirm, I created another block based on another table to see if that was treated in the same way. It was.

I'm happy to enter this each time I create a new data block in the future, but am curious as to why things have changed. If, indeed, they have! Can someone try this is v4.5 perhaps?

Shaun. Received on Mon Nov 17 2003 - 10:18:15 CET

Original text of this message