Rapid development tool for Web based DB application needed

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 00:11:09 +0100

[Quoted] I need to set up a Web based GUI to access and query an Oracle database. I would like to avoid spending too much time in coding details and am willing to compromise or accept disadvantages (if any) related to using a rapid development tool. This tool does not need to be very sophisticated. It is enough if it supports CGI and if it removes the burden to code pages rich with buttons, form fields etc., using html, and if it does it in a database-aware manner (OK, I will still write the SQL myself, but at least query output should be presented to the browser without mess).

[Quoted] I would consider free tools als well as comercial ones (no complex server based systems with feature overkill, if possible).

Using Oracle 8.1.7 and Apache.

Thanks a lot
Rick Denoire Received on Sat Nov 15 2003 - 00:11:09 CET

Original text of this message