Re: database triggers & form triggers

From: M Hamilton <mhamilton_at_usgs.gov>
Date: 13 Nov 2003 13:46:48 -0800

Okay, this is how I ended up solving this problem. My situation was that I had created a db trigger. DB triggers do not affect a form. The derived value would not show up in the actual field on the form unless I hit f8 for requerying. First thing I did was in the Server Model Tab of Designer, at the column level, I set the property for 'Server Derived?' to 'yes'. Generated the table. Second thing I did was under the Modules Tab of Designer. I had to create a form trigger as well. So I created a POST-INSERT trigger at the ITEMS_GDAPS block (or module component) level. This POST-INSERT trigger was needed to synchronize the server-derived table column and the Forms block item. The code I added to it was:

BEGIN
    select itemname
    into :items_gdaps.itemname
    from items_gdaps
    where rowid = :items_gdaps.rowid;
END; The solution to my problem came from a past post by Zlatko Sirotic, Re: developer 2000 master detail relationship, dated 2000/04/20.

Thanks much to all for your help,
Margaret Received on Thu Nov 13 2003 - 22:46:48 CET

Original text of this message