Re: ORA-12705 - invalid / unknown NLS parameter (TOAD)

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:26:46 -0800

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:43:52 -0800, Daniel Morgan
<damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

WE8ISO8859P9 is valid.

IIRC on Winblows if you choose to install English only, you will get
only the US7ASCII character set. He should verify the availability of
his characterset anyway. Which can be don by using v$nls_valid_values.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Which is what I did. I just posted my note so that both you and the OP would know it is
valid, and actually quite common, in the US. We rarely use the US7ASCII for several
[Quoted] reasons ... one being the 7 ... prefer 8 ... the other being the fact that inspite of knowing
nothing of the rest of the planet we still like to be able to store the occassional non-traditional
character.   ;-)
--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu