O2OLAP Market Comments - October 2003

From: Howard Taylor [O2OLAP] <Remove.Howard.Taylor_at_o2olap.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:04:10 +0000 (UTC)

[Quoted] Below are three comments relating to the latest version of O2OLAP's Microsoft Analysis Services (OLAP) add-in, O2OLAP for Excel. More comments can be found on our web site www.o2olap.com. These comments have been provided by independent users and analysts.

[OCTOBER 2003 - OLAP consulting company consultant who has been using OLAP technology since the late 1980's]

"...I LOVED the speed that views were done in!!! I liked the
"one-stop-shopping" to set up the views -- although some of my co-workers
thought the screen was a little "busy", I didn't mind the "business", since I found it easy to just go one place to make all of my choices..."

"My first impression is that O2OLAP has most features that people will want
and is probably easiest to use (a co-worker commented that was that it was most "XXX-like" in manner of use -- meaning that it is easy!!!! ... he has been forced to use tools other than XXX lately and found them more difficult...so the fact that he said that was a compliment!!!!)"

"I looked a little into the profiler ... I think that the idea is wonderful,
lets you do things that users always ask to do...."

[OCTOBER 2003 - Large technology employment company requiring a 50 port solution]

"I've been evaluating the product and must say it's really impressive."

[OCTOBER 2003 - London based public listed consulting company]

"... just tried dynamic views and had a spectacular increase in
performance."

O2OLAP for Excel's interface functionality includes:

  1. Dimensions creation and maintenance
  2. Cube creation and maintenance
  3. Cube browser
  4. Sliced multidimensional worksheets
  5. Dynamic views
  6. Budgeting, forecasting and spreading capabilities.
  7. Data capture through multidimensional slices.
  8. Executive Information System (EIS) development environment where you do not need to support a macro.
  9. And a lot more ...

For further information, or to trial O2OLAP for Excel, please feel free to contact us.

www.o2olap.com Received on Mon Nov 10 2003 - 09:04:10 CET

Original text of this message