Re: In-memory database

From: Dave Hau <davehau-no-spam-123_at_no-spam.netscape.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 21:07:17 GMT

[Quoted] The linux 2.4 kernel supports tmpfs which is similar to a ramdisk. So one [Quoted] way you can do it is to create a mount point on tmpfs. Then go into Oracle, [Quoted] create a tablespace with the datafile residing on the tmpfs mount point. Now you can use that tablespace to store your schema and your data will be [Quoted] persisted in memory. When you're done, before shutting down Oracle, either [Quoted] delete the tablespace, or copy the datafile onto your hard disk (and copy it [Quoted] back to tmpfs if you want, the next time before you start up Oracle.)

HTH,
Dave