Re: Network connection disconnect after xxx minutes

From: davistony <davistony_at_btconnect.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 15:30:13 +0000 (UTC)

Hi, before you go to the trouble of SQL tracing etc ( that may at the end of the day, only show that the rollback was invoked, by what looks like a client abort, due to your comms infrastructure changes). It is the comms that has changed, so I would guess that is where the problem lies. The "pix" box is some sort of firewall/router combination, I think, and needs to be set up very carefully/precisely.
 A good initial plan, might be to put one of your comms "experts" out at a branch, and get him to use a comms tracing laptop, to check what the state, and routing of the data packets is.A basic traceroute, from a client PC. may be useful, but it will not necesarrily tell you what part of the comms infrastructure is getting in the way. You can check if any routes in the trace have extended response times. Also, your comms people might want to look at TTL values ( TIME_TO_LIVE for data packets), which can be maniplulated at socket level, or globally, with some comms commands on the server ( your server admin should know these). Hope it helps a bit, Rgds, TD.