Re: Is JDeveloper the continuation of Developer 2000?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 23:54:56 GMT

Oracle product streams, with merge paths and version as nearly as I remember them ...

SQL*Forms (v 2.0, 2.3)
>> SQL*Forms 3.0, 3.1
>> Forms (4.0, 4.5) component of Developer 2000
>> Forms (6.0, 6.5) component of Oracle Developer Suite 6i
>> Forms (9.x) component of Oracle Developer Suite 9i

SQL*ReportWriter 1.0
>> SQL*Reports 2.0
>> Reports (2.2) component of Developer 2000
>> Reports (6.5) component of Oracle Developer Suite 6i
>> Reports (9.x) component of Oracle Developer Suite 9i

JDeveloper 1.0
>> JDeveloper 2.0, 2.1
>> JDeveloper 3.2 component of Oracle Developer Suite 6i
>> JDeveloper (9.x) component of Oracle Developer Suite 9i

Oracle*CASE 1.0, 2.0 + Oracle*SDE

>> Designer 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
>> Designer 6.0 ERD/Code Generator component of Developer 2000
>> Designer 6.5 ERD/CG component of Oracle Developer Suite 6i
>> Designer (9.x) ERD/CG component of Oracle Developer Suite 9i

(with all due respect to all the other capabilities in Designer

Oracle Warehouse Builder 1.0 ...
>> ETL Component of Oracle Developer Suite 9i

Designer 3.x
>> Repository Component of Oracle Developer Suite 9i

and so on ....

Note: I am not an employee of Oracle, and the above is not an Oracle sanctioned list. It is built up from personal use experience. I have tried to make it as accurate as I can, but memory being what it is .... and some of these things go back to 1987.

/Hans Received on Thu Nov 06 2003 - 00:54:56 CET

Original text of this message