Re: Oracle forms 6i and Oracle 8i

From: Smiley <anoniemke888noway_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 14:09:00 +0100

"kotsos" <fakidomitis_at_yahoo.gr> wrote in message news:newscache$amrpnh$j5o$1_at_ithaca.tee.gr...
> Hi ,
>
> I'm quite new to the world of Oracle. The problem I have is that:
>
> I have installed oracle 8i on windows 2000 and everything works fine. Then,
> I installed oracle forms 6i but the problem is that when i try to run sql+
> from 6i Oracle error 12203. Trying to connect through sql+ from 8i is ok.
>
> I have uninstalled everything (incl registry etc.) and I installed first
> oracle forms 6i and then 8i. The same problem persists.
>
> To give you some more hints:
> 1. Oracle forms creates a menu called Oracle for Windows nt. Since I have
> Windows 2000, is that the problem?
> 2. When I try to run ORacle Net8 Asistant within Oracle Forms 6i, a message
> appears for less than a second ( i don't know what's in it) and then nothing
> happens.
> 3. All services are up and running, except Oracle Client Cache 80, which
> insists not to run (even manually)!
>
> Any ideas?

Just create a new key called TNS_ADMIN in your Oracle Dev 6i home (if you installed Forms 6i first then this will be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE). This new key should refer to your tnsnames.ora in the Oracle 8i home. If you installed 8i in D:\Oradb8i, your TNS_ADMIN should read: D:\Oradb8i\network\admin

Hth,

Ron Received on Sun Nov 02 2003 - 14:09:00 CET

Original text of this message