Re: TOAD How To connect WITH SYS USER as SYSDBA

From: Burt Peltier <burttemp1ReMoVeThIs_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 02:03:16 -0600

[Quoted] How do you know the truncate was done in Toad?

Anyway, I just did a connect via Toad specifying SYS as the user and SYSDBA [Quoted] in the dropdown for connect type.

The older versions of TOAD might now have had the dropdown.

Also, whenever SYS connects in our database a file is created on the server [Quoted] in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/audit and it shows things like the client/user O/S account and machine/desktop name along with a return code for success or for [Quoted] failure to connect.

I don't recall turning on any auditing, but this audit of SYS (only) is being done for 8.1.7.4 on Solaris .

Note: I don't have a Windows Oracle server, but I wonder if you could do a connect to SYS if you ran Toad on the Windows server? You might not need the SYSDBA dropdown ... maybe if you specify internal as the userid? Just a [Quoted] thought...