Re: Enterprise Manager no database

From: Lore Leuneog <Lore.Leuneog_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 18:19:36 +0100

Thank you very much for your help!!! :-)

The database finally shows up in the OEM. When I had a look into the nmiconf.log file then error message said:
<Warning : No Listener found for SID ORCL. ORCL will be skipped>

When I added the listener entry to the listener.ora file the database was finally added to the services.ora file:

listener.ora:
 SID_LIST_LISTENER =
     (SID_LIST=
 (SID_DESC=
          (GLOBAL_DBNAME=ORCL)
          (ORACLE_HOME=F:\ora8)
          (SID_NAME=ORCL)
        )
)

services.ora:
ORCL = (ORACLE_DATABASE, server.xyz.local, (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=server)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL)(SERVER=DEDICATED))), listener_server.xyz.local)

The agent has to be started to use the autodiscovery option of the OEM. But it doesn't have to be started if the databases were added to the navigator tree in the last session.
The listener has to be started to connect the OEM to the database.

So once again: Thank you very much for your help.
Sincerely
Lore

P.S.: The next question I'D like to resolve is: How to store the repository separate from the data tables. Is this possible? But I will start a new thread with this.