Re: Enterprise Manager no database

From: Harald Maier <maierh_at_myself.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 05:34:53 +0100

"Lore Leuneog" <Lore.Leuneog_at_gmx.net> writes:

> Hello Daniel
>
> Well, wan't force you to understand german any more. I sat the hole
> day with my xxx!-oracle server and this is where I'm now: I rebuild
> the repository. So the OEM started again but still without showing
> the databases.
>
> I found out (correct me if it's wrong):

> The OEM needs only the agent to start (not the listener). The agent
> executes the script: network\agent\config\nmiconf.tcl if it starts
> up. The script is reading listener.ora, and tnsnames.ora files and
> generates the agent\services.ora file. (It should read also from the
> oratab - file but I couldn't find this on my windows 2000 system.)
> The services.ora file is used by the OEM to generate the nodes when
> choosing "autodetect nodes...".
>
> In my services.ora file is no entry for the databases, that's why
> databases aren't shown in the OEM Console. If I add something like:
> SQLSRV_server.xyz.local = (oracle_sysman_database, server.xyz.local,
> ???) The database node is shown in the OEM.
>
> But: 1) I don't know the right syntax for the services.ora entry
> (->???). How does your oracle_sysman_database entry in services.ora
> look like???
>
> 2) Every documentation warns to edit the services.ora manually. So
> how can I convince my nmiconf.tcl to generate the right
> services.ora? (Some entries to add to listener.ora, and
> tnsnames.ora ???)

Normally Oracle uses dynamic database registration by the listener. But not in the case of agentctl. Agentctl needs static entries in the listener.ora file. Here an excerpt from one of my nodes listener.ora file.

,----

[Quoted] | SID_LIST_LISTENER =
|   (SID_LIST =
|     (SID_DESC =
|       (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
|       (ORACLE_HOME = /O2/oracle/9.2.0)
|       (PROGRAM = extproc)
|     )
|     (SID_DESC =
|       (GLOBAL_DBNAME = nine)
|       (ORACLE_HOME = /O2/oracle/9.2.0)
|       (SID_NAME = nine)
|     )

`----

You can either edit the listener.ora file with your most favorite editor or use the netca, netassist or netmgr (9.2) tool.

Harald Received on Sun Oct 26 2003 - 05:34:53 CET

Original text of this message