Re: Enterprise Manager no database

From: Lore Leuneog <Lore.Leuneog_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:09:19 +0200

Hello Daniel

This morning the Enterprise Manager didn't show up anymore. I think it was because the Management Server wasn't started. The databases were started. I tried to start the OMS manually. But the error-log I got was (see below). Which file does the OMS get the username/password from? Tank you. Sincerely Lore

*ERROR LOG**************************************
Fehler beim Hochfahren von Oracle Management Server. oemctrl für Windows NT: Version 2.2.0.0.0
Copyright (c) 1998, 2000, Oracle Corporation.  Alle Rechte vorbehalten.
Oracle Management Server wird hochgefahren... [main][2003-10-25:12:58:21:234] VdbSession.processError: errorCode >1017<
 [main][2003-10-25:12:58:21:234] VdbSession.processError: errorMsg >ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
<
 [main][2003-10-25:12:58:21:234] ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
: ..../...._at_jdbc:oracle:oci8:_at_
 [main][2003-10-25:12:58:21:234] VdbSession.processError: invalid connect string

VXA-2018 :
Anmeldung bei OMS-Registrierungsdienst nicht möglichoracle.sysman.vxn.VxnBootstrapException:
 at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.startServices(VxaAppServer.java:1353)
 at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.main(VxaAppServer.java:2547)

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1067026545.745992_at_yasure...
Lore Leuneog wrote:
Hello Daniel

1) The listener started without a problem.
2) The svrmgrl-select-statement returned:

count(*)
----------
334
1 row selected

(By the way what did I count? What means tab$?)

3) Connection with system/manager suceeded also. But why can't I connect with the new user I created with the oracle administration assistent for windows nt?

4) The Database is still not found by the Enteprise Service. Do I've to install an intelligent agent on the database? And how can I see where (on which objects) intelligent agents are installed?

Thank you very much
Sincerely
Lore

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1067014346.563453_at_yasure...
Lore Leuneog wrote:
Hallo Daniel

No, I didn't. I only can see to database instances in the database
configuration assistant:
OracleServiceORCL (Installationwizard) and OracleServiceKunden (Copied from
Oracle CD). How can I test if the databases are running or how can I start
them without EM.
Where could I find the database files? In the database folder of the oracle
home? How are they named - initorcl.ora?

Thank you
Sincerely
Lore

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Lore Leuneog wrote:

Hello.

It's my first experience with an oracle database. (Windows 2000 Server,
Oracle 8i) Installation was just difficult because of the pentium 4 bug

with

the 8i version.

Now I've got difficulties to discover the database (setup by the
installation wizard) with the enterprise manager. When I try to discover
nodes with the EM I'm getting the VNI 4033 Error - Couldn't obtain
repository session. (I checked the agent service - the service is

running).

Does anybody have a hint for me what I should look for or check?

First one quick question ... have you logged into the Oracle database
using SQL*Plus?
As what schema owner?
Nothing in your post indicates you have a running database to connect

with.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

Start off my opening a DOS window and going to c:\oracle\ora81\bin or the equivalent bin directory

First try this at the DOS prompt:

lsnrctl status

If the listener is running it will report back a time that it has been running. If not try:

lsnrctl start

and then try the status again. If you get any error messages copy off the complete message. Don't
just tell us what you think it said and means.

If the listener is running, and still at the DOS prompt try this:

Log in Server Manager ... svrmgrl
Then type: CONNECT INTERNAL
Then try this SQL statement: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM tab$;

If you get any error messages post the complete message.

If that works try logging in through SQL*Plus using userid SYSTEM and password MANAGER,

While logged on as SYSTEM do not create any objects or perform any inserts, updates, or deletes.
Just to this to check whether things are working.
--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)
At least we now know you have a database, it is open, and accessible. tab$ is the data dictionary table
that holds metadata about all tables in the database.

That said ... why you can not connect with Intelligent Agent becomes the next step. Have you checked
in the Windows Control Panel Services to see if its Status is Started?

Have you run through the installation steps to make sure that each required file exists? Have you looked
at the log files it generates to see what specific errors have been logged?