Re: ISQL*PLUS SESSION PROBLEM

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:17:34 -0700

Pete Finnigan wrote:
I don't recognize the message as an Oracle error and can find no
reference to it on metalink.

I'd suggest looking elsewhere for whatever is generating the message.

HI Daniel and Rui,

The message is a SQL*Plus error message related to the iSQL*Plus timeout
Parameter. You need to set the iSQL*Plus timeout parameter. The time out
interval is set by the iSQLPlusTimeOutInterval initialization parameter
and defines the time a session can be idle before it is expired. You
need to edit the iSQL*Plus config file isqlplus.conf and change the
timeout value. The syntax of the line to change is:

FastCgiServer ... -initial-env iSQLPlusTimeOutInterval=n

where n is the number of minutes before the session times out.
iSQLPlusTimeOutInterval has a default of 30 minutes. It can be set to
any value from 1 to 1440 minutes.

hope this helps

Kind regards

Pete

I'm surprised they don't have this on metalink. Thanks.
--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu