Re: Tuning Oracle Forms

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:19:05 +0100

[Quoted] "Chris Boyle" <cboyle_at_hargray.com> wrote in message news:V%Dlb.35054$N94.12471_at_lakeread02...
> Forms 6i
> Database 9iv2
>
> I have a form that takes 11-23 seconds to open. It uses Oracle graphics
but
> the 11 seconds is with the graphics background process running. I have
> generated trace files with a 10046 event but it shows most of the hold up
as
> sqlnet waiting on more information from the client. Can anyone suggest
> another way to approach tuning this form? Is there anything like
> dbms_profiler for forms?

It seems to me that you have the right approach already. It looks like there [Quoted] is either some process happening client side that is taking the 23 seconds or that the network connection is dodgy, or that you are just sending a lot [Quoted] of data around the place.

any chance of getting a look at the trace file?

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA