OCCI optimization

From: Ron Harter <ron.harter_at_abbnm.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:05:07 -0000

[Quoted] We have a server application that uses OCCI to store data into an Oracle table. [Quoted] The application uses a lot of CPU time and we need to optimize it somehow. We currently store data into 4 tables, 3 of the tables are very similar and [Quoted] the 4th is made up of 5000 records that contain ASCII text in all fields.

We currently update a hundred records at time for the ascii text records and 250 records at a time for the other 3 tables, they contain numeric information [Quoted] and are approximatly 60 bytes in size.

Is there some optimum number of records for OCCI that will speed the updates? [Quoted] The tables are indexed based on 2 fields of the record. One table has 220,00 [Quoted] records, another has 160,000 and the other has 600.

The tables can not be combined into a single table.

Any got any suggestions?

Regards

Ron Harter
ron.harter_at_abbnm.com Received on Wed Oct 22 2003 - 22:05:07 CEST

Original text of this message