Re: Thanks and how's the job market for Forms?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:11:55 -0700

Richard wrote:

>Thanks for all the help and feedback. I'm quickly getting up to speed
>plus relearning PL/SQL since it's been a few years.
>
>Daniel, thanks for the links to the courses, it's something to
>consider.
>
>As for the job market for forms and reports; how is it? A few years
>ago an Oracle developer told me he expected the market to drop out the
>way it did for VB programmers. Too many people, too few jobs and
>falling pay rates. Any comments?

The market for Oracle Forms has remained roughly unchanged while that for other tools
has gone down. The reason is that there is really only a small demand and it is met by an
equally small number of developers that really know the product.

This could change if Oracle ever decides to promote itself as something other than a one
product company.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu