Re: How to use last 10 characters of a 12 char field in Forms?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 15:22:32 -0700

Richard wrote:

>So much for quick and dirty. I'm really a VB and PowerBuilder person
>and my boss just gave me 9 forms to change. It looks straight forward
>but not knowing how Forms is put together or its basic architecture
>sure has made this quite a chore.
>
>Any recommendations for web articles, books, etc. for learning enough
>about Forms to get the job done? Who knows, maybe this will be a
>career change. Thanks again.

Based on what you wrote your chance of success is a small number approaching zero.

Oracle Forms is a complex object oriented environment supporting inheritance and polymorphism
and it you don't understand the concepts and architecture you'll likely just make a huge mess.

Which brings up the question of what qualifies your boss when he/she assigns work to someone
unqualified to tackle it? A desire to destroy the company or just make you look bad?

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu