DataGuard does not copy files

From: Rick van Ek <rick.v.ek_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:24:14 +0200

To anyone who can help me.

I've got the following situation:
 one enterprise manager server
  two identical database servers

I want to make a logical and a physical standby database. Installed versio 9.2.0.4 plus two patches for dataguard. If I want to create dataguard it stops before copying the files as it has datafiles > 2GB it states that perl versio 5.6 or > must be installed, in identical path on both nodes, done that. At restart of dataguard one gives ctl+p to enter the path to the new perl version.

  1. first error complains as to wants an executable and not a path!!
  2. after entering the executable absolute path, "data guard remote proces startup failed"

the logfile shows the following:

 READY_A
 dgctrl ERROR: connect: Unknown error

Who has seen this before and knows the solution??

Cheers Rick
rick.v.ek_at_xs4all.nl

---