Oracle agent for Veritas backup exec not working - ociw32.dll

From: news.amnet.net.au <hugo_at_geoinformex.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:55:15 +0800

Hi

[Quoted] I use Veritas 9 version 4454 to backup my Oracle 9i databases using the oracle backup agent. One database (production database) is version 9.2.0.1.0, the other (infrastructure database) is version 9.0.2.0.1 . Both are in archivelog mode. The problem is that I cannot see anything under my Veritas backup list for the SIDs of the databases, except the archive log files and the Oracle control file. This seems typical for a problem described in this article: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190525.htm

I think, from seeing an email conversation on the Oracle metalink site, that the version of ociw32.dll I have (version 1.0.0.5) is not compatible with Veritas 9 version 4454. However, nobody seems able to point me to the direction where I can either download a later version of ociw32.dll or get a patch for Oracle that includes a newer version of ociw32.dll. Note that recently I have upgraded Oracle with patchsets p2632931_9202 for the production database and p2703110_9022 for the infrastructure database. But these patchsets did not upgrade the version of ociw32.dll.

Does anyone knows anything more about his problem? Note that I do not think that it is a problem with multiple homes and the inability of the system in finding the right version of ociw32.dll and other oracle dlls (I have multiple homes as I run the production and infrastructure database on the same server). I have checked: my registry keys are all correctly set so that ociw32.dll and others can be found in the right locations for each oracle home.

Any help with this rather intractable problem would be most welcome.

Thanks very much

Hugo Received on Mon Oct 13 2003 - 09:55:15 CEST

Original text of this message