Re: Forms 6i vs 9i

From: Anna C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 06:51:39 -0700

Ketil Holden wrote:

> Hi.
>
> We're considering upgrading from 8i & 6i to 9i.
>
> What in your opinion or experinence are the most significant
> improvements?
>
> -New killer features?
> -Upgrade problems with the forms themselves (this is a
> web-form-app-whatever)
> - Is the new Forms Builder more or less stable, any new great features
> here?
>
> NB! I've read the new features document.

Be warned that 9iAS R2 Reports Server is a VERY, VERY, VERY buggy piece of software. I'm still finding new (never been reported before) BUGS at the rate of about 1 every two weeks in 9iAS R2 Reports Server. From my perspective it appears that many "features" were never tested (at least on Solaris).

In general 9iAS R2 is a monster to configure into a functioning production environment. Received on Sat Oct 11 2003 - 15:51:39 CEST

Original text of this message