Re: Oracle Applications on Linux

From: Lord Casconero <darthvader2k_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 07:49:56 GMT

[Quoted] "Hans Forbrich" <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> wrote in message news:3F8479F0.CCD7454F_at_yahoo.net...
> Lord Casconero wrote:
> > Have you installed 9iASr2 on a linux server (UnitedLinux 1.0)?
>
> As part of the Collab Suite.
>
> I find Linux is a decent spot for the Infrastructure, not quite as happy
about
> 9.0.3's Java engine yet (my comfort level, more than anything) - looking
forward
> to 9.0.4 (and I don't use the Web Cache capability on Linux - so no
comment
> there.)
>
> Good install reference at SuSE's site in the Oracle section.

So, I guess you haven't installed Infrastructure and Unified Messages on the same linux box.

[Quoted] At SuSE's site I haven't found any information about a configuration with Infrastructure and Unified Messages on the same box - OK... I'm crazy :0)

[Quoted] I will use this box ONLY for developing and testing (3 programmers at the same time). So, I have configured the box like this:

AMD Athlon XP 1800+
1 GB RAM
1 GB swap
20 GB in /opt/oracle on 2nd HD for 9iASr2

[Quoted] After installing the Infrastructure, I have tried to install Unified Messages, but it failed.
Oracle Install says: "You cannot install UM on same Home...". What does this mean? Received on Thu Oct 09 2003 - 09:49:56 CEST

Original text of this message