Re: Oracle Applications on Linux

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 21:06:45 GMT

Lord Casconero wrote:

> > Personal experience - database & app server (middle tier) is decent **IF**
> > on a certified configuration (eg: running the appropriate version of Red
> > Hat or UnitedLinux). No experience of Applications.
>
> Hi Hans...
>
> Have you installed 9iASr2 on a linux server (UnitedLinux 1.0)?

As part of the Collab Suite.

I find Linux is a decent spot for the Infrastructure, not quite as happy about [Quoted] 9.0.3's Java engine yet (my comfort level, more than anything) - looking forward [Quoted] to 9.0.4 (and I don't use the Web Cache capability on Linux - so no comment there.)

[Quoted] Good install reference at SuSE's site in the Oracle section.

--
/Hans
[mailto:`echo $from" | sed "s/yahoo/telusplanet/g"`]