Re: how can I add foreign key constraint in Design Editor?

From: Vinnie <vincent.salerno_at_lmco.com>
Date: 6 Oct 2003 10:41:08 -0700

Shaggy <shaggy_at_popstar.com> wrote in message news:<Xns9408CE7DA8944shaggypopstarcom_at_195.129.110.204>...
> I am fairly new to Designer so bear with me on this one :)
>
> I have created a table in Oracle Designer 9i. I want to use the Design
> Editor to be able to add a foreign key to this table. I click my way to the
> schema, then to 'Tables', then there is a Foreign key button underneath the
> table name. I add the referencing table name, but thats as far as I can
> go??? Can anyone help, and where can I find a tutorial to help me with
> this???

First thing you must do is add a second table. The next step which I like, is to create a ER Diagram & drag & drop each table to the diagram. Then you can click on the Crows foot FK button & simply select the first table then drag to the second. This should create the relationship for you! You may want to edit this by simply double clicking on the FK.

Best of luck!! Received on Mon Oct 06 2003 - 19:41:08 CEST

Original text of this message