Re: Oracle XML Parser for Java 9i - more strict than 8i

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:40:51 GMT

Well, variable re-assignment is forbidden as far as the XSLT specification is concerned, so Oracle actually fixed a bug. Please note that I still have to find a situation where I need variable re-assignment, normally I manage to write code without. You might find this funny, but XSLT is some sort of functional language and in functional languages you are not expected to use variables whose value depends on the results of the execution of a previous node. So my advice is to devise a method to calculate that value directly, often this implies writing recursive algorithms in XSLT. If you are using the variable twice just because you want to "save" memory, then define another variable and you're done.

Bye,
Flavio Received on Sat Sep 20 2003 - 10:40:51 CEST

Original text of this message