Re: Progress Bar in Reports.

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 06:59:06 -0700

Playmaker wrote:

>Hello everybody.
>My problem is that I have quite a few reports that take a long time to
>complete due to the fact that they acces a huge amount of data.
>What I want to achieve is to present something like a progress bar or
>completed percentage, that will inform the user how long it will take
>for the report to complete or even what the status of the report is.
>Is there a way to achieve this?
>(I have managed to achieve this in forms...but in reports it is quite
>different.)
>Any suggestions are more thatn welcomed.
>
>Thank you in advance for your time.
>Best Regards,
>Makis.

Start with Forms and use a Form in place of the Reports Parameter Form. After the user selects which report and the report's parameters (using the form) it is elementary to do a progress bar on a form though I can't imagine how you will do more than track simulated progress. Take the query results for the report output and insert into a global temporary table then call the report from the form against the GTT. After the report is printed issue a commit to empty the GTT.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu