Re: How to unload data

From: Turkbear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:41:56 -0500

jsun_at_staffordbc.gov.uk (paul sun) wrote:

>if you have MS Access, it will be quite simple. go to access----
>select open, select ODBC as source, put the table(s) you want to
>export into the access.---choose export option from access---then
>simply following the wizard to finish the rest.
>
>good luck!
>

>"Julia Sats" <julia.sats_at_sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<Pqw5b.8890$Kj.919894_at_news20.bellglobal.com>...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Oracle contains SQL*Loader for loading data to Oracle.
>> Does exis any tool for quickly unload (extract data) from Oracle's table to
>> TXT file, preferable to comma separete format.
>>
>> I can use for it UTL_FILE but I need to work with every record of the table.
>>
>> Thanks

Or, to avoid reading the data twice, look into the SPOOL command and create your file from SqlPlus:

Example follows ( not to be actually used as it is not precise or the best way and, of course yours will vary) set heading off
set lines 1000
set pagesize 0
set termout off
set feedback off
spool "c:\mydir\datatable.csv"
set colsep ","
select * from mytable;
spool off Received on Mon Sep 15 2003 - 17:41:56 CEST

Original text of this message