Check box in Oracle Forms

From: fororacleonly <fororacleonly_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2003 11:32:30 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] create table t ( x varchar2(1) not null default 'N') I have a check constraint on column x restricting values to ('Y','N')

On my form I have have a chek box for the above column. I havent set the initial value for the check box. The checked value is 'Y' and the unchecked value is 'N'.

When I'm doing a insert from my form, I'm getting the error message stating cannot insert null into X.

According to me, the default value should apply and the record should save.

I'm I missing something, like setting a check box property etc.

Please give your opinion. Received on Fri Sep 12 2003 - 20:32:30 CEST

Original text of this message