Interesting forms/reports challenge, What's the best way?

From: steve deno <sldcrew2k_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 Sep 2003 13:48:36 -0700

[Quoted] Hi all,

I am using 9ids forms and reports with Oracle 9iAS Release 2. My database is only 8.1.7 I am deploying forms on the web.

My cahllenge is: To have a button on a form which:

  1. Commits the form changes
  2. runs a report
  3. Saves the report(Either in the database or on the appServer, preferably the db)
  4. Emails the report
  5. Makes a link to the report available to the user of the form via a detail block, along with all the other links from previous reports related to the parent.

So far, I have a table for storing information about the reports(Filename, parent ID for retrieving the appropriate set of records, type, etc) And if I get the report saved on the server, I can use web.show_document to view it via the link in the table.

I'm wondering
1. if anyone has done this before?
2. Should I employ webutils PJC for this? I can't save them in the database because evidently this part of webutils requires a 9+ database.
3. What's the best way to save the report?

4. Any other comments?(Please go easy on me as I just installed reports 9i and have not written reports in a long time)

Thanks VERY much Received on Wed Sep 10 2003 - 22:48:36 CEST

Original text of this message