Re: SQLLDR.exe

From: Turkbear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:51:32 -0500

"Wilfrid Ertaud" <grille11_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello to all Oracle aficionados,
>
>I am new in this world and starting to discover the wonders (and stability)
>of this DB system.
>One thing I am trying to find is how to use the tool sqlldr. I have to load
>a csv file into a table and my guess is this is the right tool.
>Also is there any limitation in terms of size of record and size of data to
>load (like if I have a 200mb file to load in one shot?)
>Oracle 8170 SVR and client oraoledb 8172 all on windows 2000.
>I started to look around on the web without finding the right place.
>If some one could describe the use or where to find the necessary info I
>would be eternally gratefull.
>tanks in advance
>Wilfrid
>
>example of csv file i would like to load:
>
>2;1987;38;153;0;29/04/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;111;153;0;29/04/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;115;153;0;29/04/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;33;153;0;29/04/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;1;153;0;05/05/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;15;153;0;05/05/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;22;153;0;05/05/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;38;153;0;05/05/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;111;153;0;05/05/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;115;153;0;05/05/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;33;153;0;05/05/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;1;153;0;03/06/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;15;153;0;03/06/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;22;153;0;03/06/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;38;153;0;03/06/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;111;153;0;03/06/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;115;153;0;03/06/2003;N;0;;;
>2;1987;33;153;0;03/06/2003;N;0;;;

Go to this site ( it is Oracles's Doc site ) and read the info.. http://tahiti.oracle.com
( You may be asked to register for some access (Actually registering with technet.oracle.com) it is free and will be a valuable resource to you..

Specific SqlLOader Docs are at :

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/server.817/a76955/part2.htm#435958

Enjoy the ride.... Received on Wed Sep 10 2003 - 18:51:32 CEST

Original text of this message