Re: ORA-00980, but public synonym is there (in Oracle Reports).

From: zehst01 <member38629_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 16:46:19 -0400

I was wrong. It was not the case sensitivity. If I go into SQL Worksheet as user with the DBA role but connect as Normal the public synonyms object owner appears owned by that user as I am use to. If I connect as SYSDBA then the object owner appears as SYS. Then when I run another script I get the ora-00980. The heart of the issue, at least in my circumstance, is the fact that the Public Synoynms Object Owner is appearing as Sys. I simply never encountered this is in 817 and am now seeing this in 9i Maybe it is coincidence and/or user error. I note that Jan requested observations which is what my replies have been, not extensive analysis.

Steven