Re: SQL Loader / Loading big text fields

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:57:24 -0700

jbroder wrote:

>Thanks your reply.
>

>My oracle version is:
>
>Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
>

>My table looks like this:
>

> ----------------------------------------- -------- ----------------------------
>
> DOC_SECTION_HEADING VARCHAR2(150)
>
> DOC_ID NUMBER(11)
>
> DOC_SECTION_ID NOT NULL NUMBER(11)
>
> DOC_SECTION_TEXT VARCHAR2(4000)
>

>I am, unfortunately, still have problems.
>

>--

Please send me the DDL for the table and a small dataset sample to test. I'd like to try to duplicate this on one of my servers.

Darn ... one thing just occured to me. Often this is caused by missing carriage returns. What appears to be multiple rows to the human eye (line feed), is to the computer, a single extremely large record. Copy a portion of the file that won't load into something dumb like notepad and try resizing the width of the window or examine it with a byte editor. You may well have, from the computer's standpoint, a much larger record than you think.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu