SQL Loader / Loading big text fields

From: jbroder <member31829_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:39:11 -0400

Hi!

[Quoted] I have been working on this all day and I am still stuck. Would you have some advice? Here is the situation:

I have some data that I want to move from mysql to oracle. Some of the fields are large blocks of html, about 3000 characters in a single field.

I can have mysql output a text file full of SQL insert statements, one insert

statement per record, each one it's own line, in a big text file. When I try to insert this data into oracle using sqlplus _at_sqlfile.sql, it says that the field

is too long:

SP2-0027: Input is too long (> 2499 characters) - line ignored

So, I start working with sql *loader. I use mysql to output delimited text

files. After lots of trial and error, I can get sql loader to accept these

files. But there is one problem, some of the text files have newlines inside of the html field and sql loader thinks the new line is an end of record

indicator.

Do you know what I should do? I want to keep those newlines in the html if at all possible.

thanks for any help!

Jon