Re: License question

From: Zafer <zafer_at_redshift.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 17:24:19 GMT

Hi,
if the forms/reports application is for the client/server environmen, and you are using 6i, then the 6i runtime for client/server is free.

if you are using 6i forms/reports server then you need to obtain and 9iAS license per named user or cpu based (perpetual or term based).

if you are using 9iDS to develop and 9iAS enterprise edition (the only version of 9iAS including the forms and reports services) then you need 9iAS license.

in all cases you need proper license (named user or cpu based) for your database server.

I do recommend that you visit the oracle store online and read the licensing material there.

hope this proves useful.
regards
Zafer AKTAN
Oracle DBA/Developer