Re: Oracle Forms Question

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 08:18:11 -0700

M wrote:
You're right.  Linux is a good OS.  However, it's not my call to change the OS!  Senior management wouldn't care how difficult we do our work, aren't they?
<snipped>
And there precisely is the issue.

Senior management, and no doubt management that knows as much about IS/IT as you do about the correct torque for a bolt on the space shuttle, makes decisions and expects you to knock yourself out trying to solve them.

Not to be irresponsible or subversive ... but don't. When IS/IT management makes bad decisions your responsibility is to advice them, calmly, cooly, rationally, and respectfully, as to the consequences. If they then proceed to make that stupid decision they have done so with eyes wide open and any complaints from end-users should just be directed to them. When the day is over go home with a clean conscience.

It is well past time for IT professionals to stop abusing themselves covering up for bad management decisions.

They chose Windows, put it on single CPU machines, and expect it to parallel process ... let them live with the consequences.
--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu