Access program with ODP.NET

From: Ryan Gregg <ryan>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 22:11:15 -0500

I'm working with an Oracle system, using a .NET program, and using the ODP.NET library with Oracle Client 9.2.0.1.0 and ODP.NET version 9.2.0.2.102. Everything works fine when I run the class library I developed on a Windows XP machine as an application or through ASP.NET, but when I run it on a Windows 2003 Server, I get the following error:

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (OraOps9.dll).

   at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OpsSql.AllocSqlValCtx(OpoSqlValCtx*& pOpoSqlValCtx)

   at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleCommand.Initialize()    at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleCommand..ctor()    at ryangregg.EdPerksIntegration.EdPerkOracleDB.GetFolders()    at UDK.Kansan.Website.EdPerkSetup.ReloadFolderList()

I figured it was probably a permissions problem, and searching the web and this group seemed to confirm that might be the cause, so I added at first permissions on the server for the Oracle home directory for just the ASPNET user and the IUSR_<computer name> account, but still no luck, so I added Everyone with full control on the Oracle directory (this is just a test server after all), and still no luck.

Anyone out there have any help/explanation on how to fix this?

Thanks!
Ryan Gregg Received on Sun Sep 07 2003 - 05:11:15 CEST

Original text of this message