Re: Oracle Forms Question

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 08:48:23 -0700

M wrote:
QUite a number of apps are running on windows, isn't it?  despite of you
like it or not.

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message

M wrote:

Hi All,

I just wonder if it is the case the Oracle Forms just hang for a couple

of

seconds with the following codes:

WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED of any item:
  loop
    i := i + 1;
   exit when i >= 100000;
    :any_item_in_form := i;
    synchronize;
 end loop;

The above code is just an example (of course that won't happen in real
life!).  When the form runs, the :any_item_in_form just syn the value i

but

when I move the mouse, the task "Oracle Forms" just don't response until

it

looped to the end of the count.

Any clue and resolution?
TIA

Don't work on Windows ... get a real operating system.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu

So now it is my fault that Windows doesn't effectively parallel process with one CPU?

I work extensively with Windows. I work with Solaris, HP/UX, AIX, etc. And the better I know them the easier it is to criticize ... objectively. Window's weaknesses are many and one of them is that it still doesn't handle multiple simultaneous tasks as well as a Macintosh did almost a decade ago.

If that is my fault ... I apologize and will go drown my sorrow in a single malt.