Re: Installing Oracle Client 9.2 on Pentium 4

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 22:43:10 +0100

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 20:08:05 GMT, "Jim Matthews" <jmweb_at_comcast.net> wrote:

>I vaguely remember that a .dll needs to be renamed prior to attempting to
>install the 9.2 client on a Pentium 4 laptop (W2K), but cannot find a
>reference anywhere - can you help ?
>
>The install just "dies" - no error message or anything

 Where are you installing it from? I've seen the 9i installer fail to start when run from:

(a) A UNC path (i.e. \\server\whatever); mapped drives are OK, though. (b) A path with a space in it

 Move the files to somewhere more sensible, and it then runs fine.

--
Andy Hassall (andy_at_andyh.co.uk) icq(5747695) (http://www.andyh.co.uk)
Space: disk usage analysis tool (http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space)