Re: Questions about replication

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:52:50 -0400

[Quoted] Question 1. The replication documentation has a full description of the conflict management methods that come from Oracle, and a description of how [Quoted] you can define your own. BUT ... you will be a thousand times better off if [Quoted] you design your system to avoid conflicts rather than try to manage them. Unless your system is very cut and dried with a small standard set of operations, sooner or later you'll regret conflict management.

Question 2. Maybe I don't understand what you're asking but there's a lot more to setting up multimaster replication than just scheduling the push jobs. Once again there's an excellent description in Oracle's replication docs.

Van