How to do fresh implementation of discoverer

From: prasamb <member37532_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 20:35:45 -0400

[Quoted] From: prasamb

Date: Today 00:34

Subject: How to connect discoverer to the internet?

HI

I would like to know how to install discoverer so that I can access that through internet?

Basically I have to install it fresh.I am going to install it new and I have a little experience with Discoverer.

Is there any instructions or details available for that please reply me.

Below are things I knew and I wanna more information so that I can proceed.Please help me out...

  1. Get Discoverer so that it can be seen on the internet:

I think I will need the following:

  • A server with an operating system of Windows 2000 Server

or Sun Solaris. (Need them to specify which one is needed.)

  • A connection to ORACLE
  • Configure the application server to connect to ORACLE databases, and to allow the Discoverer Reports to be seen on the internet. 2) Get Discoverer to connect with other Databases (Informix, SQL Server) with an ODBC Connection.
  • need to configure the EUL of the new database, and allow different EUL's to connect with each other.

Regards,

charlie...