Calling CGI from Oracle (forms and/or database)

From: Ronald <ronald_at_dutchman.uk.vu>
Date: 29 Aug 2003 03:36:24 -0700

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to call a webserver which will return some data to me.
Setup is Oracle Forms 6i, Oracle 8i database. I've tried creating a DLL by using VB6 (with Microsoft Internet Transfer Control 6.0), and use ora_ffi in oracle forms to call my function. This does not work as VB6 does not export the functions in the dll.
I've tried using utl_http on the database, but this does not give me the control I want, e.g. I need to be able to timeout after say 5 seconds.

I either need to write something in C that creates a dll or something in Java with a wrapper PL/SQL that can be stored in the database.

Is there anyone who has done anything like this and would share their experiences with me?

Regards,

Ronald. Received on Fri Aug 29 2003 - 12:36:24 CEST

Original text of this message