Re: forms 6i application (client/server) against PostgreSQL or mySQL(+InnoDB)

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:29:51 +0200

> Forms 6i is great running against an Oracle database; but running solely
> against some other database, I'd say there are better choices

I would like to hear more ... _what_ choices (honest question, I´m just not familiar with others, but interested, though ... afaik, Forms has not Postgres within the choices for
non-Oracle "data sources" - on the other hand, Access or SQL Server (Yes!) can be chosen !

>, especially
> considering Oracle's impending lack of support for client-server.

[Quoted] [Quoted] True in 9iDS :( , but if You use 6i, You still can use C/S (we do). Received on Thu Aug 28 2003 - 16:29:51 CEST

Original text of this message