problem : callable statement / COBOL services How to get ResultSet(s)

From: FlorentL <member37225_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 03:30:55 -0400

LO

For a professionnal project i have to work with DB2 data returned by COBOL services.

These COBOL services take several blocs in input and several blocs in outpout.

I call one callable statement calling the needed COBOL services.

like this :

st = con.prepareCall("{call TI01.PCPSTK01 (?,?,?,?,?,?)}");

st.setString(1,service+new String(new char[32]));

st.setString(3,inputString);

st.registerOutParameter(2,Types.VARCHAR);

st.registerOutParameter(4,Types.VARCHAR);

st.registerOutParameter(5,Types.VARCHAR);

st.registerOutParameter(6,Types.VARCHAR);

st.execute();

/*

ResultSet rs = st.getResultSet();

if(rs==null)

    System.out.println("Resultset null");

while(st.getMoreResults())

    System.out.println("OK");

*/

String[] = new String[3];

output[0] = st.getString(4);

output[1] = st.getString(5);

output[2] = st.getString(6);

The output[] values are my returned datas concatenated. For each output (output[x]) i have to make many substring() to extract the resulting datas. So i would like to get one or more Resulsted instead these String containing contenated datas.

Is it possible ???

When i execute the commented code, the result is : Resultset null

Tx for your help

Flo