Re: forms6i triggers need help

From: Alan Mills <Alan.Mills_at_xservices.pants.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:40:17 +0100

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:vke9ooq0l4trbf_at_corp.supernews.com...

> "darius123" <darius123_at_rogers.com> wrote in message
> > A- In a form Builder you attempt to compile a trigger. You receive a
> > compilation error that gives no clear indication of the problem. What
are
> > two likely causes? Choose two
> >

> > 1.. Dividing by zero
> > 2.. Missing semicolon
> > 3.. Mismatched quotes
> > 4.. Mistyped variable name
> > 5.. Trigger defined on wrong item
> > 6.. Trigger defined at wrong item
> > My answer is : 3 and 6. that is different from mock exam that is : 3
and
> 5
> >

> You define a trigger *on* an item, defining it *at* an item doesn't occur.
> >

> > B- When a user updates the Salary item, you want to ensure that next
value
> > is higher than the existing value before it is inherited into the base
> > table. Which trigger would you use?
> >

> > 1.. Pre-Commit
> > 2.. On-Commit
> > 3.. Post-Update
> > 4.. Pre-Update
> > 5.. Post-Form-Commit
> > My answer is 1. Mock exam is 4.
> >

> B The Mock exam is correct. Validation should occur before update.
> Validation at pre-commit implies you have already updated the record, and
> need to roll your changes back, so you are wasting resources.

Also (and I;ve bene away from Forms for a few years so apologies if I get this wrong) PRE-COMMIT is a commit level trigger where you want to apply the test at a row level. The questions mentions that the value is already in the database. You also want to apply the test before th echange takes effect. I think that leave you with one choice from the list. Received on Tue Aug 26 2003 - 16:40:17 CEST

Original text of this message