Re: 'Javadoc' for PL/SQL?

From: h.vonbargen <member36925_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 04:20:02 -0400

We wrote such a tool for internal documentation purposes in PL/SQL.

It works by reading the source code directly from USER_SOURCE,

generating documentation on the fly,

visible via modplsql.

Features include:

List of all packages with links to the specificiations.

Package Specification:

*Package name

  • Synonym, creation date, modification date, package status, body status,

package description (from package-level javadoc comment)

  • List of all types, functions/procedures/cursors with short explanation

and link to full description.

  • List of all types, functions/procedures/cursors with full description (from function-level javadoc comment): description and signature with support for _at_SEE, @PARAM, @EXCEPTION, @AUTHOR, @SINCE, @TODO and link to implementation source code.

Package body: line numbering and syntax hilighting.

If anyone is interested, please contact me: h.vonbargen at t-p com

--
Henning