JDeveloper: schema qualified table name with insert into and long raw datatype

From: Mark A. Williams <mark-a.williams_at_roche.com>
Date: 14 Aug 2003 20:32:11 -0700

I hope that I am posting this to the correct forum, and please excuse the length of this post. I am having 2 issues with JDeveloper. Here are the particulars:

JDeveloper 9.0.3.2 Build 1145
Oracle9i Release 2, 9.2.0.3.0

Issue 1:
pl/sql long raw datatype

create or replace package raw_pkg as
  procedure raw_proc;
end;

create or replace package body raw_pkg as   procedure raw_proc is
  l_raw long raw; -- JDeveloper flags as invalid datatype   begin
    null;
  end;
end;

Issue 2:
insert into with schema qualified table

Here is a copy and paste of a simple test:

SQL> create user u1 identified by u1
  2 default tablespace users
  3 quota unlimited on users;

User created.

SQL> grant connect, resource to u1;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> revoke unlimited tablespace from u1;

Revoke succeeded.

SQL> create user u2 identified by u2
  2 default tablespace users
  3 quota unlimited on users;

User created.

SQL> grant connect, resource to u2;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> revoke unlimited tablespace from u2;

Revoke succeeded.

SQL> connect u2
Enter password:
Connected.
SQL> create table t
  2 (
  3 c1 number
  4 );

Table created.

SQL> grant select, update, insert, delete on t to u1;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> connect u1
Enter password:
Connected.
SQL> create or replace package test_pkg
  2 as
  3 procedure do_insert(p_in number);   4 end;
  5 /

Package created.

SQL> create or replace package body test_pkg   2 as
  3 procedure do_insert(p_in number) is   4 begin

  5      insert into u2.t values (p_in);
  6      commit;

  7 end;
  8 end;
  9 /

Package body created.

SQL> begin
  2 test_pkg.do_insert(1);
  3 end;
  4 /

SQL> select * from u2.t;

        C1

         1

1 row selected.

This is a simple test case, but it illustrates my issue. The code is valid pl/sql code (it compiles with no errors in any case), yet JDeveloper flags this line:

insert into u2.t values (p_in);

JDeveloper complains about 'expecting ;' and highlights the 'values' keyword.

The error displays in the 'structure' window within JDeveloper. Also, removing the schema from the table name allows the error within JDeveloper to no longer be displayed, however, I do not wish to create a bunch of synonyms just to make JDeveloper happy.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Received on Fri Aug 15 2003 - 05:32:11 CEST

Original text of this message